Tours and Special Events
Farm tours can have lasting impacts on children and adults alike. We believe that spending time on the land and learning where our food comes from is one of life's most important lessons. With animals to visit and interesting plants to learn about, an educational field trip can be lots of fun. Our farm tours feature sheep, llamas, solar power systems, a one-acre hopyard and astonishing views! We now provide a picnic catering service and have a designated picnic area! Please book ahead to avoid disappointment.
Special activities can be arranged for each season of the year including birthday parties, stagettes, welcome to the community parties, bus tours or anything in between. A 30 minute farm tour, a full day plant medicine workshop or a weekend music festival - anything is possible. Examples of some activiites we have designed and hosted in the past include:
- Perennials versus Annuals Workshop - showdown in the field and in the garden; explore the benefits of each type of planting.
- Permaculture Farming Basics - learn the principles of permaculture design and see them in action on our farm including a forest garden, solar power system, livestock management and rainwater harvesting.
- Plant medicine for beginners - learn trail first-aid, blend your own herbal teas, or craft an ointment; the choice is yours and ingredients vary by season.
- Wild Edibles and Edible Flowers - make a salad or have a snack while out for a walk in the garden.
- Scavenger Hunts - we design scavenger hunts for different ages in any season. Two weeks notice required.
- Obstacle courses and outdoor games - bring your own equipment or uses ours. It doesn't take long to set up a Disc Golf course or an Archery Tag session!
- U-pick fresh hops, edible and medinal plants, and all kinds of berries in a forest garden layout
- First camping trip - a safe place close to home to learn basic skills like setting up a tent, making a campfire, and so much more!
Some of our visitors:
- Girl Guides of Canada: Brownies (New Hazelton)
- CMSD84 - New Hazelton Elementary class field trips
- Home schooling families
- Summer Reading Club - Hazelton District Public Library
- Coast Mountain Community College - Permaculture Design Field School
- Look to the Mountain Farm School
Short tours (10 minutes) are by donation, suggest $5 per person. We specialize in 1.5 hour tours @$30 for two people, $5 for each extra person. Children under 3 are free. Add on a picnic lunch for a fixed price of $12 per person or $6 for kids under 10. There is a set menu with four options: omnivore, vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free. Each meal includes a beverage, sandwich or salad, and a sweet treat made with love using ingredients from our farm.